Thursday, February 7, 2013

Offered: Knitted Evil - Horizontal Ugly Scarf by Dina James


What You Are Bidding On:


A one-of-a-kind, hand-knitted, horizontal Scarf of Evil. It's going to be ugly, have no discernible pattern, and will be made up of random bits of yarn left over from the various projects Dina's made since she began knitting. This scarf will use yarn of every type and weight, and there is GUARANTEED EVIL IN EVERY STITCH. This item is in the process of being made especially for this auction and is unique in every sense of the word. Plus, you know…it's evil. Made by the Gothic Goddess of the Evil League of Evil Writers herself. What more could you ask for in evil accoutrements?


Minimum Bid: 

$20

Geographical Restrictions: 

None

Bio: 

Dina James is an unapologetic geek/gamer girl addicted to writing. She graduated from high school when she was sixteen, holds a college degree in nothing in particular in addition to multiple certifications in various things that captured her interest at the time, is an avid knitter and loves Darth Vader. She lives in Oregon with her husband and a menagerie of pets. She has website at www.dinajames.com which has a far-more-comprehensive biography than this one. It mentions sushi.

How to Bid:

In the comment section, leave a message with the amount you are bidding. We ask that you pledge in whole dollar increments ($1, $5, etc), and in US funds. Remember to only bid what you'll be able to commit to.

Bidding is open until February 15, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. PST (8:00 p.m. EST) so check back on your favorite auctions and bid often!

When the auction has closed, we'll email you about your winning status. We ask that you donate directly to Crestline Elementary (payment options will be forwarded) and send us the receipt as verification. If we haven't heard back from you within forty-eight hours, we'll send one more email (check your spam folders) and if nothing is heard twenty-four hours after that, we'll move to the next highest bidder.

15 comments:

  1. I'm totally up for a scarf. It's damn cold right now. lol.

    $20

    ReplyDelete
  2. $25 (that's what you get for taking my dragon :P)

    ReplyDelete
  3. H'oaky peeps. Knitting is very seriously worth hell of alot more than $20/$30 bucks. I am a knitter and for this very ugly scarf I think i'll have to double the bid. $60

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may be slightly in love with you for this, Shannon! KNITTERS UNITE! And, because of your wonderful comment and generosity and respect for the craft, I'm going to unravel a swatch of cashmere I washed and blocked to see how the yarn behaved and knit it into this scarf. Just because of your awesome. Thanks for the bid!

      Delete
  4. Simply must have Dina's knitted evil for the cold winters in my Winter Wonderland, (plus I'm dying to see how it turns out) bidding $65.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I'll make it $100 if I can get a hat too????

      Delete
    2. If you want an Ugly Hat to match the Ugly Scarf, Shannon, I'm willing to make that deal. It will take me a little longer than the 2/15 deadline for the auction ending to finish, but you're a knitter so you understand these things. I will throw in a hat for your $100 bid!

      Delete
    3. you got it hunny $100 fer the ugly scarf.

      Query: Seems to me knitting and writing would compete fer hand time...so do you knit first write later or vice versa...or knit and record you story to be typed later by said hubby?

      Delete
    4. I usually write first, but occasionally I just need to let things wander around in my head and that's where knitting really helps. I also trade myself words for stitches. (Otherwise I'd just knit and never write, because I do love my needles.) I write 1000 words, I get to knit 1000 stitches! When you have 200 stitches cast on for something (like a sweater or Ugly Scarf), 1000 goes pretty quickly! So many writers I know also knit or crochet. It's another aspect of being a creative type, I guess!

      Delete
  7. Thank you for your response. I guess I don't write because I also draw and paint along with the knitting and the reading and a fulltime job as a female pipefitter. Thanks to wonderful people like you and the world's you create I get to just sit back and enjoyvthe ride

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have triumphed over evil!

      We were unable to locate any contact information for you. Please contact us at dina [at] dinajames [dot] com to receive instructions on how to claim your bid!

      If we don't hear from you for 72 hours, your win will go to the next highest bidder!

      Thank you!

      Delete

Thank you for your bid!

Please be sure to read the instructions on the listing carefully. By bidding on this item, you understand that you will pay the amount pledged for the item should you win. Also double check the listing for shipping information along with the minimum opening bid.

And leave us a way to contact you! Ensure either you include an email address with your comment or your profile includes an email address. Winners who can't be contacted will forfeit their winnings and we'll go to the next bidder. We're evil, not psychic. (Yet...)